Monday 2 March 2015

Birds on a Wire - From me to you

I started a card on Friday whilst baby was napping and toddler was at nursery. She's been a bit poorly this week, so it didn't last long and I only managed to finish it this morning whilst she was napping and toddler was watching CBeebies. Didn't take long, just needed a bit of glue and a sentiment.

I decided to try my hand at one of the cards I saw in Simply Cards and Papercraft, with the idea of having something interesting on the inside of the card, in my case, viewed from an aperture. 


I started with a 6x6" card blank in Bazzill Cardshoppe in a nice blue shade. I found another shade of blue Bazzill Basics in my stash and cut it 1/4" smaller than the card front and added another layer in cream Bazzill Basics 1/4" smaller still on top - that's a bit long winded for mat and layering! I cut a circle aperture on the bottom right of the card top using my Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles dies. Next I took the card front and cut a circle in the larger size. I then took some watercolour paper and using my Derwent Inktense pencils, made some blocks of colour which I brushed with water and used to die cut out the Spellbinders 'Birds on a wire' (a Christmas present that I've finally found a project for!). I stamped the sentiment (Clearly Besotted Mini Basic Banners) onto the inside of the card using Memento Tuxedo Black and affixed the birds to the card top, then the card top to the card front and there you are! 

I love the blues and I feel it needs an envelope - time to crack out the envelope board :)



No comments:

Blog design by aleelilydesigns