Friday 6 March 2015

Dragonflies

Hello! Yesterday morning while the baby napped I crafted like a demon. It's lucky I did because we had no power all evening from 4-9pm - not great with tiny ones. Thank heaven for my old whistling kettle and a gas hob!

So, here are two of the three (yes! 3!) cards I made. It's using the free dragonfly die and stamp set that came with issue 134 of Simply Cards and Papercraft. I like to try out some of the cards when I get an issue using similar products that I have in my stash. I get to try new techniques without buying even more stuff, especially as I was waiting for the new Clearly Besotted Stamps March release. I've also decided, that if I have time and inclination, I'll make multiples of cards. Means I can dip into my cards when I need one in an emergency.


They're both made in the same way using an A6 pre-scored card blank. I covered them with spotty paper from a pack of Pebbles Card Making Basics. This isn't ideal, as it has a score line so you can make them into cards, but it is not too noticeable when as a card back. 

I then die cut three dragonflies from a sheet of Bazzill paper - white and pink (Bazzill Bling). I added the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted sweet little sentiments stamp using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added a couple of sticky pearls. 

I adhered the card top to the card using foam pads on the top card, but on the bottom one, I just used glue, to see which I'd prefer (glue!). I then put some glue on the body of the butterflies and stuck them into the apertures, bending the wings slightly so they were proud of the card.

Thank you for reading and I hope you like :)

No comments:

Blog design by aleelilydesigns