Friday 27 March 2015

Ruby Anniversary

Back from Switzerland in one piece and with a commission! My friend really likes my cards, so she asked me if I could do one for her Mum and Dad's ruby wedding anniversary. After many false starts - I just couldn't get the stamping right - this is what I came up with:


I bought some nice card today in Hobbycraft. It's Papermania Capsule 6x6 smooth cardstock and I love all the different colours. I used a supposedly 6x6 card blank (it is in actual fact 14.75x14.75cm), so I'm a bit annoyed I had to trim one of the red cards to cover the card front. The decoration was done on a 14x14cm piece of white card. The butterflies are from Tattered Lace Vine Die I got as a Christmas present die cut from another piece of red card. The decoration is from the Clearly Besotted Mr & Mrs set using Versa Magic Dew Drop Red Magic with the statement in Memento Tuxedo Black. I added a strip of red velvet ribbon I had in my stash from Christmas card making.

It's been so nice to have been asked. Who knows, there may be more!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Rather tragically the card was damaged in the post.... I am, unsurprisingly, a little upset....

Blog design by aleelilydesigns