Tuesday 12 May 2015

Home - Where the Heart Is

Hello everyone! I've had quite a few goodies arrive in the post recently, not least the Sugar Pea 'Home' die that I've been waiting on for several weeks. It finally shipped over to the lovely people at Make The Day Special!

I've also three friends who have moved house recently, so I have to make those in the next week or so. Here's the first using that new die and also my new Spectrum Aqua markers that I got free through subscribing to Simply Cards and Papercraft. I've been playing around with them and watching lots of videos on YouTube for tips - I love the way they make really beautiful backgrounds so easily. Definitely a great free gift!


I started by taping down a piece of water colour paper onto my glass cutting mat and block colouring it using three of my Spectrum Aqua markers (Heather, Orchid and Wildflower). I then washed them over with water to blend them together. After waiting for it to dry, I splashed it with water and then blotted it dry, leaving nice splatters.

I then took the HOME die and cut it out twice from two shades of purple paper, adhering the houses in the bottom right. I placed the 'Home' as in the picture, accenting it with some die cut hearts from my Lawn Fawn Best Pun Ever set. I used one for the 'O' of 'Home' instead of the house and added some Wink of Stella and glossy accents to make it pop out a bit - Home is where the heart is after all!

I think this might be the first card I've made that didn't have any stamping on it!

I've followed the layout for this month's Make the Day Special Challenge, as I'd like to enter. They give such brilliant customer service, so any excuse to buy things there ;)

Hope you like it and thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet!

maria f. said...

This is dreamy. Love the trail of water droplets.

Keren Baker said...

What an amazing background. Love your card! Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in with the Make The Day Special Stamp Store challenge x

Unknown said...

Ah, you had me at "purple", my favorite color :) Wonderful background and such a creative take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Unknown said...

wowsers, your colours are so beautiful, & you're background is making me swoon :) delightful! x

Jenny said...

I love the background you created Ruth, very striking and great how you followed the sketch too :)
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store xx

Blog design by aleelilydesigns