Tuesday 26 January 2016

Craftroom Update - the big move + A viking invasion with Avery Elle

Well, here we are again! After my last post I found myself some extra energy and so after the kiddies were in bed, I went a bit crazy in the spare room and started taking things off shelves in order to move some very heavy furniture to finish my set up. I forgot how heavy the sofa bed was and I got my husband to help in the end, as last time I moved it I pulled several muscles in my back and it was decidedly painful for quite a while.



So, now the big bookcase with a lot of storage boxes of various shapes and sizes is next to the desk. I've been reorganising what's on it, putting things on my Trofast unit and also into my little Moppe cabinets. I'm still working a lot of it out, but I like where the furniture is now and will continue to reorganise and get storage I'm happy with. There is certainly a lot more room now in here, and all my craft stuff is in one coherent space. Oh and you can see I removed all the lovely cards I got last year (they are safe!!!!) and left space for hopefully more. As you can tell, I'm doing OK so far and it's only January :)



Thank you for all your lovely comments on my craft room. I am considering braving a video and doing a little tour at some point in the next couple of months. I hope you might join me. 

So, in terms of card making, I made a little purchase of some things that were on my wish list. I did it through Seven Hills Crafts. It's the new branding for Make The Day Special that I used to order from a lot. I love the new name - makes more sense to me - the website is so much better and the customer service is just as excellent. If you're in the UK and have never ordered from them before, I can highly recommend.

Anyway, one of my new purchases was this cute stamp from Avery Elle. I saw it on IG when it was released and it just called to me, so I decided to crack it out as soon as I could and get some colouring on. Let's just forget they pillaged much of the UK .... they did settle down in the end ;)



I stamped the Viking in Memento Tuxedo Black and then put three of the little hearts on a small acrylic block and stamped them around him. There is a small boo boo which if you're eagle eyed you will notice, but I couldn't be bothered stamping again!! 



I then coloured the Viking and some of the hearts in with Copics. I added some sparkle and shine with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the coloured hearts. 


I then trimmed the panel and attached it to a blue card base.


[Supplies: Avery Elle Viking Stamp; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock; Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella; Glossy Accents; Blue card stock; Double Sided Tape]

I hope you like him as much as I do. I'm definitely going to colour him again!

If you love colouring as much as I do, you'll be excited to know that the 30 Day Colouring Challenge, hosted by the supremely talented and lovely Kathy Racoosin, is back. Set your calendars for 1st February and get colouring. 5 minutes every day is all that is needed! I'd love to see your creations and the best place to do that is via Instagram, so come on over :)

Thank you for your continued support, and for all your lovely comments. I hope you have a fabulous week!


8 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! Ruth you're doing good on the reorganising front! You can come and do mine if you like ;) On second thoughts, I am too ashamed to let anyone near my craft room! Love that terrific Viking fella and no, I can't see a boo boo, I am obviously not eagle eyed! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

PS Forgot to say, I LOVE the way you have photographed your card this time, it's great to see them closer! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Squirrel x said...

Love how your craft room looks hun! Mine needs a serious sort out but I need to find the energy first. Your little viking is fabulous, what a super cute card! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

That viking is too cute! Great coloring! Reorganising a craft room is difficult isn't it? I'm struggling myself... you're doing a great job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How CUTE is he! All those fun hearts surrounding him - yep, adorable card!~

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your craft room is coming along nicely! Fun Viking card! I am still on your followers list so hopefully I won't be dropped...if that happens, just let me know :)

Missy Pink said...

I love your craft room and it's coming on superbly, It's not easy organising your craft supplies as we are all in the same boat lol. Aw that little viking is so awesome and you have coloured him perfectly. I too have weakest to purchasing from Seven Hills Crafts formerly Make The Day Special..it's always nice to have a little treat. Missy Pink xx

Leigh Penner said...

Your space looks great and your card is super cute!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns