Monday 8 February 2016

Sugar Pea Designs Sketch #39 Challenge - SPDSS39 + Some Exciting News

Hello everyone! Are you all enjoying the 30 Day Color Challenge? We're onto Day 8 - can you believe it! I've been loving seeing everyone's creations and experiments with different media. Makes me want to try everything at once.

I have a couple of cards I made after seeing the Sugar Pea Designs Sketch 39. I couldn't resist - after all you've got to be in it to win it!

I've used a set I hadn't had a play with for a while, and my current SPD love, the Every Day is Christmas set - the images are extremely versatile.

The first card uses the Teddybear's Picnic set


I started by stamping my little girl onto some Neenah 110lb card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black and colouring her in with Copics. I then took a pink A2 card blank and trimmed my Neenah panel to leave a strip of about 3/4" of the background to show through.


I placed the Neenah on top and drew a faint pencil line where the gap would be, removed it and then stamped the two tea cups from the set in Ranger Wild Orchid down the middle onto the card base.


I added the sentiment in the top corner and then rubbed out the pencil line and adhered the front panels with foam pads. 


My other card is made in much the same way, except this time I stamped my little bagpipe playing Nessie onto some watercolour card and cut him out with a SSS stitched circle before colouring him in with Inktense pencils.



I then decided to add a bit of interest by stamping Nessie in VersaFine Smokey Grey onto my Neenah panel before cutting out the strip.


I then made up the card front as above, this time stamping little musical notes from the recent CB Some Birdie Loves You stamp set - am so glad some of those tiny stamps are getting love! - using my new Altenew Forest Green dye ink. I also added a CB Hello in the same colour.


[Supplies: Sugar Pea Designs Teddybear Picnic and Everyday is Christmas; Clearly Besotted Some Birdie Loves You and Congrats To You; Simon Says Stamp Shapes with Stitches; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb; WH Smith Watercolour Paper; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Smokey Grey; Altenew Forest Green; Ranger Wild Orchid; Copic Markers; Inktense Pencils; Sellotape Sticky Fixers Foam Pads]

Am hoping I can enter both?? Will give it a try!!

Well, you've made it this far and if you've not fallen asleep, you're maybe wondering what the news is. Well, at the end of last week, I received an email asking me if I'd be interested in joining a design team. It's for Craft Stash, a new craft supply company and they make their own dies called Apple Blossom. Naturally, I declined - I'm kidding, hahahah! - of course I said YES! It's an exciting opportunity and a chance to try something new - don't use a lot of dies at the moment and can't wait to have a play. I also happen to be on the design team with someone I'm a big fan of, Liz McGuire - doesn't get better than that!

I'll be sharing some of my makes with you over the next few weeks - excited to get started!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing week - keep colouring!

22 comments:

Snow said...

Eeeeeek! Thats amazing news, congratulations! Your cards are stunning

Majtolina said...

Amazing news, Ruth, I am following you on Instagram and am so happy for you :)

Michelle Short said...

Such cute cards, Ruth. Huge congratulations on joining the Craft Stash DT, extremely well deserved xx

kim @thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com said...

Yay you!!!! That I incredible news!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Congratulations. That's very exciting. I wish you all the best luck with it and most importantly - have fun.

Liz McGuire, said...

Well first up I'm sitting here blushing! I'm so chuffed over your lovely comments! And next, huge congrats on your well deserved place on the craft stash team. Woohoo. And finally these cards are brilliant! Liz xx

Darnell said...

I'll be stealing this idea for a card layout, Ruth! It really is filled with a ton of interest and both your designs using it are just adorable! Congratulations on the DT appointment! They are so lucky to have you on the Team!! Enjoy every minute of it!! Hugs, Darnell

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! BIG congratulations on the DT appointment Ruth! Couldn't be more well deserved! I love your two creations here . . . that bagpipe playing Nessie is such a fun image and the little girl serving tea is adorable! Both coloured beautifully! Have a lovely evening my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Unknown said...

Congrats Ruth!!! That's awesome news!!

Unknown said...

Very adorable cards and what great news that is! So excited for you, Ruth! Congratulations and have a blast being in the DT!

LaurieC said...

Oh my goodness, Ruth!! What fantastic news!!! You totally deserve that spot!!! I'm so excited to see your creations!! Congrats my friend!! And LOVE those cards!! That layout is brilliant!!! Hugs!!!!!

Aileen said...

big congrats Ruth, beautiful cards both of them and wonderful fantastic news. Cant wait to see your makes. xxxx Hugs aileen

Kerin said...

Both cards are wonderful! I think I "need" the Everyday is Christmas set now! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SugarPea Designs!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

That is a whole lotta cuteness! Such super awesome cards!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SugarPea Designs.

Deanne :)

Jeanne J. said...

Two really fun cards! I love the cute girl on the first, but the second... the background stamping made this even better! Great way to get more from your stamps!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Big congrats for joining a DT - they can be happy to have you on board! Looking forward seeing your creations! Your cards are fabulous - especially the second one!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Congratulations for the Design team invitation! And congratulations for being the Fan Feature at SugarPea Designs this week! Your cards are totally adorable!

Lisa said...

2 terrific cards!! Love how you used the images!

Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! That's great news! And cute cards, too!

Lucie Chrétien said...

Congratulations!! This is such an exciting news! Can't wait to see your new creations.

Claire Broadwater said...

Such FUN cards! Love all the stamping and the fun colors! So happy you joined us at SPD sketch challenge! XX

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous cards, Ruth!! I just love that little nessie!! A big congratulations on your new crafty adventure as part of the Craft Stash design team!!!! I am SO looking forward to your projects - I know they will all be brilliant. You totally deserve it!! Eek!! (and what a sweet name for their dies - Apple Blossom! Love it!!)

Blog design by aleelilydesigns