Thursday 20 July 2017

Seven Hills Crafts Monthly Craft Challenge - July 2017

Hello Everyone. I'm getting in lateish to this month's Seven Hills Crafts Monthly Craft Challenge, which is a sketch. 


I've been playing around with my new MFT goodies that I got at the craft fair back in June - you can watch my haul video for more details.


I've been playing around with my ink dusters and that MFT cloud stencil that seems to be out of stock everywhere. Once I'd inked up my background panel I cut it out with the journalling card part of the WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die which I think is one of my most used purchases ever.



I stamped and Copic coloured the seagull - doesn't he just look so Zen and chilled? - and then fussy cut him out. It was a simple assembly adhering the cloud panel to an A2 (US) sized card and attaching Mr Zen Seagull with some bits of foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on some scrap card and then found a piece of scrap sunshine cardstock from the Whatever the Weather paper pad by Sugar Pea Designs. 


I hope this makes you as happy as a seagull with a chip! Thank you so much for joining me again and I wish you a fabulous weekend when it arrives :)

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - fun seagull too :)

Cara said...

Totally jealous that you have that set, it's in my wishlist, but not supposed to be buying anything this month (we won't mention the clearly besotted stamps and tattered lace dies and new screens for my screen printing that I bought this morning when I couldn't sleep...). Love how this card turned out, it's fabulous x

Viv said...

Love this card Ruth.....damn now I will have to get those flippin cute seagull stamps I have been looking at for a while.....and that cloud stencil which I have had in a basket for a while too. I will know who to blame now though lol ;)hugs Viv xx

Lisa T said...

This may be one of my favourite cards! I love the design... it's so helpful to have a sketch, well at least for me, who struggles with design so I need to look out for these sketches more. I love the sentiment strip and patterned paper. Again, never use my paper this way. I actually thought it was washi when I first looked (another thing I am useless at using lol). And then the gorgeous little gull steals the show! Beautifully coloured too. Fab card, good luck in the challenge!

Esther said...

This is gorgeous, Ruth! Loving the bright colours and fun sentiment. Those clouds are the most fabulous background to the cheeky seagull! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

Tracy Hawkins said...

Love this cute card ! Great interpretation of the sketch! Love the paper strips! One day I will enter a challenge, I'm always too late by the time I think of it! Good luck Tracy xx

Unknown said...

Oh what a corker! That cloud stencil really is out of this world, your blend looks amazing, and the pop of yellow is just perfect? Always lovely to see you creations, Ruth. Thanks so much for playing along with seven Hills Crafts this month x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns