Saturday 28 October 2017

European Copic Colouring Programme Class 3

What do Copics and moving house have in common? They have a great deal for me. Back in February I took the first two classes in the European Copic Colouring Programme with Faye Wynn-Jones. You can read all about it in my post for Copic classes One and Two. The following day, I decided to broach the subject of moving house with my husband. Fast forward 8 months and the week after we moved house, my friend Dawn and I travelled to a venue outside Leeds for Copic 3! Thankfully for my husband, nothing dramatic has happened.... so far...

Dawn is wonderfully kind and takes me in her car. I truly HATE driving round the outskirts of Leeds and Bradford. Junction and roundabout Hell.

Having found the venue and after a quick catch up with our old colouring buddies and a quick whizz round the Dies to Die For Pop Up shop. That was a welcome addition - new goodies.

Copic 3 is all about folds and pleats and practicing feathering and blending quite different colour combinations. 




Since getting hooked on Stamping Bella, this has been the most useful one by far. I was prepared to feel horribly overwhelmed as I had convinced myself that folds are really hard, but, like everything, it just takes practice. Do not be put off! In three hours I had begun to understand the basics and am itching to get my SB stamps out and do some more dedicated folds and pleats.

It makes such a difference to me to have someone there to encourage and also put me back on track. Faye is a superb teacher and I find I learn a lot and it makes me want to practice more. She is wonderfully encouraging and has given me some tips on colour combinations for the future. 



Next April Faye returns to do Copic 4 and I will be there with bells on. It's in my planner so no one, but no one, can stop me. Quite possibly my husband will then breathe a sigh of relief that they are all over...


If you've any questions, please drop me a comment. I am a zealot for this course and think it's worth every penny I've spent on it and the markers!

As always, happy crafting!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Sounds like fun, Ruth (except for the driving part lol), and your pleats and feathering turned out beautifully.

Michelle Short said...

I’m so glad to hear you are enjoying the classes, Ruth. I have been too and especially enjoyed this one with the pleats and folds. Happy colouring! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You certainly are doing a fabulous job with the colouring Ruth! Your blending is superb! And it's nice that you are also having fun with it too . . . that's so important to effective learning! Have a great weekend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Kim B. said...

Glad you had a great time!!!

Lisa T said...

Great to hear how much confidence they have given you with your colouring Ruth, and I second that Faye is a wonderful teacher. Loved seeing the yellow to pink blendng in the picture (looks so smooth) and I think pleats are really fun to do! I am looking forward to my next few levels too...wish they were sooner!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns