Wednesday 6 December 2017

Card Concept #83

Hello again Everyone, how are you all getting on with Christmas preparations?? I must admit to be slighty more organised than I usually am and think I may manage to get my cards finished before the last posting date and even parcel up some presents - this does not happen often, I can assure you!

Speaking of parcels, take a look at challenge #83 for the Card Concept. It's our last one for the year and all I can think of is brown paper packages tied up with string! I shall spare you singing :)


So, I've gone with a simple clean and layered design picking up the red, blue and white of the string and the brown paper of the parcels.


Some kraft card blanks I've had for ages came in handy for the parcels, which I cut out using some stitched square dies. I added the twine to make them look like those brown paper packages.

The layering paper has some texture as they are scraps of Bazzill 12x12 paper I've had for ages and ages and it feels nice to use them up!

I've decided to make this a Thank You card as I always forget about those and then need about 10 at once for all of the presents the girls get.

I look forward to seeing what you make. As always, happy crafting!!

3 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Ruth, this is adorable! I love the twine around the packages! Have a wonderful holiday season and a great new year!
Take Care!
Michele

Lisa T said...

“These are a few of my favourite things” tra la la, you got me singing now! Perfect take on the theme Ruth, sweet little packages and I love the twine addition. I am always looking for ways to use my twine! And I had to laugh at the Bazzill reference, I bought a stack of it in multi colours years ago and am still using some of it. It’s why hoarding should be encouraged! Lisa xx

Cara said...

A great way to interpret the inspiration Ruth and your card is so sweet x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns